Friday, April 3, 2009

Greetings from Soila


Hola amigos (as) y familia,

What a beautiful time we had in Guatemala with you guys. Hopefully you had a good and safe trip back home. I am still missing you and thinking of you and all our time together. Jeff has been very happy and saying how great people you are. I think he loves the idea of knowing that Lowell likes cigars and also my host dad (Jerry) does. Jeff is good at imitating voices or sounds and with you guys I'll say that he does well trying Luke and Perry's voices. I forgot to mention to you that he does really similar with the Dean of this seminar and another coworker - very funny!!

We miss playing cards and we are trying to find some brave people to play with us, especially with me now that I have become an expert :) haha... Thanks Luke, Ben and Perry for teaching me how to play. As it was in Louisville in the past, I am always learning from WONDERFUL people...

Thanks for introducing us to Amanda and her husband Omar. They are a great couple and Amanda is just a sweet and friendly person. Again, thanks for all your love, friendship, and gifts and thanks for the lunch in Antigua not just as a friendship moment but also for the birthdays. It was wonderful to receive hugs from you all. I loved that I saw the same spirit with laughs and jokes and humble people such as Jane, Luke, and Lowell (joking and insisting in washing dishes... NO). I loved meeting Ellen, Ben and Perry face to face. There were a lot of great moments. You are good representatives of CHPC.

A lot of love for you all from us (Jeff and me). Thank Perry for updating the CHPC blog. I'm sure we will be following your activities.

-- Written at 6:45 a.m. Friday by Soila

No comments:

Post a Comment